Drop-in Classes Open & Free to the Public
- Northside Community Center, 488 N. 6th St., San Jose, CA (Enter door to the right just before entering building) Thursdays 10:00-11:30am. Facilitator: Marilyn Wendler
- South Bay – Transcend, a Woman’s Group @ the Esperanza Center 544 So. Benito St., Hollister, CA Thursday 2:30-4:00pm Facilitator: Christine Henriques Quihuis-Cox
- Santa Cruz Drop-in Group (small fee for this group). Day & Time listed on website: http://amichen.com/radio-show/events-calendar/. Host/Facilitator: Ami Chen Mills-Naim
- South San Francisco 3 Principles Group Meets two Saturdays a month, e-mail email@example.com for scheduled dates and location, Facilitator: Ann Baldasseroni
- East Bay – Oakland 3 Principles Meet-up Monday, 7:00-8:30pm 3936 Midvale Avenue, Oakland. Email for the next meet-up and to receive Rob’s email updates @ firstname.lastname@example.org, Host Rob Friend
- North Bay – Marin 3 Principles Meet-up Tuesday night 1x monthly 7:00-8:30pm. Email Sandra Koenig through her website for exact date: http://sandrakoenig.com/contact/ Host: Sandra Koenig
Facilitators can sign court mandated attendance slips.
Classes Closed to the Public
Elmwood Correctional Facility: Twice a week without fail Irina Khovraleva walks into the correctional facility in Milpitas, California. Irina is a volunteer teacher for IHC and was given the opportunity to share the 3 Principles in a group setting on both the men’s and women’s side of the facility meeting for 1 ½ hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays. She states she does this because she has seen how transformative this understanding can be, especially for these populations at risk. The participants, she states, learn how to identify how they are making up their outlook through thought and that everything, including their time in jail, is what they make of it. She smiles when she shares that the participants, many of whom choose to come back each week, thank her stating they look forward to her group; she knows this time is for them so they can learn how to stop hurting and love themselves. Irina shared that she leaves the group feeling “inspired with renewed purpose to continue the work.” To find out more about Elmwood Correctional Facility go to www.sccgov.org and search for Elmwood. You can read some poetry and thank you notes from the inmates at Elmwood here.
Community Sessions – Bay Area
These sessions provide a simple introduction to the 3 Principles. Contact Rob Friend @ email@example.com or Linda Ramus @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be placed on monthly Newsletter list.